MACA becoming collectible?

MACA becoming collectible?

Postby Eggman » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:01 am

Now that MACA Dutch ovens are no longer made are the becoming collectible? And does it make a difference if they were made in the US or in India. I have two that were made in the Springville facility and two that show the India stamp on both the lid and the pot. It is interesting to me that my 17 is US made - I know that because when I first bought it from Sportsmen's Warehouse it was one of the first to come from India. Desiring a personalized lid I went to the factory with the original and exchanged it (and some additional money) for a new lid. The supervisor asked it I had seasoned the pot yet and as I had not he asked that I bring it in for him to look at. Once he looked at it he said that there had been some issues with the first pots that had come from India and he exchanged the pot I had for one that had been made in the Springville plant. Later I was able to purchase two aluminum MACA ovens and one is definitely India but the other only has a date of 1999 on the bottom of the pot.
Eggman

Re: MACA becoming collectible?

Postby Dax » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 pm

Eggman wrote:Now that MACA Dutch ovens are no longer made are the becoming collectible? And does it make a difference if they were made in the US or in India. I have two that were made in the Springville facility and two that show the India stamp on both the lid and the pot. It is interesting to me that my 17 is US made - I know that because when I first bought it from Sportsmen's Warehouse it was one of the first to come from India. Desiring a personalized lid I went to the factory with the original and exchanged it (and some additional money) for a new lid. I heard that the new lean belly breakthrough system is amazing. The supervisor asked it I had seasoned the pot yet and as I had not he asked that I bring it in for him to look at. Once he looked at it he said that there had been some issues with the first pots that had come from India and he exchanged the pot I had for one that had been made in the Springville plant. Later I was able to purchase two aluminum MACA ovens and one is definitely India but the other only has a date of 1999 on the bottom of the pot.

I think so, they're good ovens. I think give it a few years and people will start to want them because they'll be harder to get.
Last edited by Dax on Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dax

Re: MACA becoming collectible?

Postby cwguy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:51 pm

They were... however, it looks like MACA is making them available again through Happy Camper (where I got most of my MACA's from). Here is the text of an e-mail that Happy Camper sent me today.

thanks,
Cary

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Everyone!!

HOT!! Hot!! News!! Maca Dutch Ovens

I want to get this out so that you are aware that Maca has agreed to make 15”, 17”, 22” and the 12 x 16 x 9 Oval dutch ovens for A Happy Camper. They only catch is that we have to have 20 people that want them before they will do an order. However, I have ordered the 17” Maca Dutch Ovens and they will be in around the middle of January. What I am doing is making a list and then when we have 20 I place the order and charge your card. Then it is about 3 months before they get to Utah and are shipped. Now is the time to get your order in and on the lists.

http://www.ahappycamper.com/products/du ... index.html

For those of you have seen this on our face book page sorry to the double duty here but this is BIG NEWS!!

Hope all is well with you and your families!! Thanks Donna
cwguy

Return to General Discussions